Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ending

I found the ending of the story to be quite interesting. IT really tied up all of the loose ends of the novel. For me, Robert Walton's letters at the beginning of the novel did not make much sense. However as the story goes on I did see some similarities between Victor's story and Walton's story. When they meet at the end it shows why the two stories are presented in the book. Also, I feel in the ending that justice is served. Victor was selfish to create this monster in the first place and he paid for it with the lives of his loved ones and his own life. The monster was an innocent creature who was left out in the harsh world to fend for himself by an egotistical maniac.

1 comment:

  1. I would agree Evan B-logger. Unlike some people, I don't believe that Walton is reintroduced in the story to show that he is delusional, but rather to tie up the loose ends of the story. Walton is there to tell the story that Victor can no longer tell. There must be closure in the story and Walton is there to tell of the creatures final account and explanation and to leave the reader with the knowledge of the conclusion.

    ReplyDelete